VSX-834 7.2ch AV Receiver
In a 15% slimmer design than the previous model, the NEW VSX-834 is full of easy-to-use features, including the 4K indicator, Personal Preset and Bluetooth® Input buttons on the front panel.
In addition to offering immersive sound with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X audio formats, the AV receiver can also decode Dolby Atmos Height Virtualiser* and DTS Virtual:X, letting you experience similar virtual surround effects without using height or surround speakers. The latest video standards such as Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision™ can be enjoyed with support for HDCP 2.2. With the Zone B feature, you can enjoy music playing in the Main Zone via wireless headphones.
- Channels: 7
- Amplification Type: Direct Energy
- 165 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven)
- 80 W/ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, THD 0.08 %, 2ch Driven FTC)
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixer
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X® Upmixer
- Reflex Optimiser
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualiser*
- DTS Virtual:X
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS-HD Express
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2ch, 5.1ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic)
- 384 kHz/32-bit D/A Conversion with AK4438 (AKM)
- Audio Return Channel (ARC) on HDMI
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning
- Phase Control
- Subwoofer EQ
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
- Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround Advance
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)
- HDR10, HLG and BT.2020 Wide Colour Gamut Signal Pass-through
- Dolby Vision Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p to 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), “x.v. Colour”
- Personal Preset
- Dialog Enhancement
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.2 + LE, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/AAC) Built-in
- User-Friendly GUI with System Setup Menu
- On-Screen Information for Audio/Video Status
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
- MCACC Setup MIC In
- Phones 1 Out
- HDMI 4 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 1 Out
- USB 1 In for Streaming Dongles
- Audio 3 In (Assignable)
- Digital Coaxial 1 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 1 In (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- ZONE B Pre/Line Out for Wireless Headphones
- Speaker 7ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, SURROUND, SURROUND BACK/HEIGHT, Bi-AMP/ZONE B)
- FM/AM Antenna
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 148 x 321 mm
- Weight: 8 kg
Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround Upmixing
The VSX-834 is compatible with 5.2.2ch configuration of the latest theater sound platform, Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the r ealistic three-dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization*
enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
*Function available with future firmware update.
With DTS Virtual:X, you can enjoy a three-dimensional immersive sound similar to DTS:X, without the need of height or rear speakers. The technology supports 2 to 7.1.4-channel input source, for delivery on 2 to 5.1 or even 7.1-channel speaker layout. DTS Virtual:X works with all DTS codecs, including DTS:X.
Next Generation Video Standard Ready
The VSX-834 supports pass-through for HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision signals. By connecting a compatible source device, you can enjoy these latest video standards on a compatible display. What’s more, all HDMI terminals support 4K (60p/4:4:4/24-bit), Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020), and HDCP 2.2, so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices, and can also enjoy premium content such as 4K videos with digital copy protection.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
Create the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes response.
Zone B Output for Wireless Headphones
The VSX-834 is equipped with Zone B audio output terminals for expanding the Main Zone sound by connecting your wireless headphone dock. You can listen to the sound playing in the living room via wireless headphones.
Built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology
Stream songs from compatible devices with the builtin Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (ver. 4.2 + LE). The VSX-834 features A2DP/AVRCP profiles, with support for SBC/AAC codecs. By pressing the Bluetooth button on the front panel, you can directly start up the BT function, even when the unit is in standby.
|Manual Type||Issue Date||Languages|
To request a Firmware file download or further Firmware information