VSX-LX504 9.2ch Network AV Receiver
The VSX-LX504 creates the soundscape of IMAX® Enhanced*1 and Dolby Atmos®/DTS:X ideally calibrated with Advanced MCACC, and even provides similar sound effects with Dolby Atmos Height Virtualiser*1 without height or surround speakers. Enjoy spectacles from next generation video standards with support for HDCP 2.2, or stream songs across the house with SONOS system, FlareConnect™, Chromecast built-in, DTS Play-Fi®, and Apple AirPlay 2. Other features include Powered Zone 2/Zone 3 Audio, up to 11.2 MHz DSD direct playback, and 2 HDMI outputs.
*1 Available with future firmware update.
- Channels: 9
- Amplification Type: Direct Energy
- 215 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 10 %, 1ch Driven)
- 180 W/ch (8 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1 %, 1ch Driven IEC)
- IMAX Enhanced*1
- Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Surround Upmixer
- DTS:X®, DTS Neural:X® Upmixer
- Reflex Optimiser
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualiser*1
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES, DTS Express
- DSD Direct Playback via Network/USB (11.2, 5.6, 2.8 MHz/2 ch)
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/2 ch, 5.1 ch)
- Digital Quad-Core 32-bit DSP (Cirrus Logic) + Aureus™ floating-point DSP (TI)
- 384 kHz/32-bit D/A Conversion with AK4458 (AKM) & PCM5101A (TI)
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) on HDMI
- Advanced MCACC Auto Room Tuning
- Auto Phase Control Plus
- Subwoofer EQ
- Multi-point Standing Wave Control
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
- Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround Advance
*1 Available with future firmware update. *2 Except AUX INPUT (Front).
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)*2
- HDR10, HLG and BT.2020 Compliant Wide Colour Gamut Signal Pass-through
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p to 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), “x.v. Colour”
- FlareConnect™ for Multi-room Audio
- Chromecast built-in*3 and Works with the Google Assistant
- DTS Play-Fi with Pioneer Music Control App
- Apple AirPlay 2
- Works with SONOS
- Amazon Music, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer Hi-Fi Music-Streaming Services Ready*4
- Internet Radio with TuneIn
- Hi-Res Audio File Playback via USB/Network
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit ALAC*5, AIFF , FL AC, WAV (RIFF ) and 11.2 MHz DSD*6
*3 Chromecast-enabled apps required. *4 Service availability depends on country or region. *5 Up to 96 kHz supported via wireless LAN. *6 Not guaranteed via wireless LAN
- Personal Preset
- Dialog Enhancement
- Dual Band (5 GHz/2.4 GHz) 802.11ac Compliant Wi-Fi® Built-in
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (Version: 4.2 + LE, Profile: A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.3, Codec: SBC/AAC) Built-in
- Pioneer Remote App*7 Ready for Multi-room Entertainment Control and Network Streaming
- User-Friendly GUI with System Setup Menu
- On-Screen Information for Audio/Video Status
- PC Setup
- Auto Power Off in HDMI Standby Through
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- User-Friendly Simple Remote Control
*7 Available for free download from the App Store/The Google Play.
- HDMI 1 In
- USB 1 in for USB drive
- MCACC Setup MIC In
- Phones 1 Out
- HDMI 6 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 2 Out (1 for MAIN, 1 for SUB)
- Ethernet 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- AV (Component) 1 In (Assignable)
- AV (Composite) 2 In (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 In
- Digital Coaxial 1 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 2 In (Assignable)
- FRONT , CENT ER, SURROUN D, HEIGHT 1, SURROUND BACK, SUBWOOFER x 2 Pre Out
- ZON E B Line Out for Wireless Headphones
- ZON E 2 Pre/Line Out, ZON E 3/HEIGHT 2 Pre/Line Out
- Speaker 11ch Out (FRONT , CENT ER, SURROUN D, HEIGHT 1/Bi-AMP , SURROUN D BACK/HEIGHT 2/ZON E 3, ZONE 2)
- IR 1 In/1 Out
- 12 V Trigger 2 Out
- FM/AM Antenna
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 185 x 386 mm
- Weight: 13 kg
The VSX-LX504 is IMAX Enhanced, certified to deliver the powerful sound just as intended by the filmmaker, and provide the immersive experience on your home theater.
* Function available with future firmware update
Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround Upmixing
By adding an external amplifier, the 9.2ch AV receiver can be expanded to decode 11ch to drive the 7.2.4ch configuration of Dolby Atmos®. You can reproduce object-oriented sound in smooth, curving movements, or the realistic three dimensional movement overhead by the top speakers. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using Dolby Surround for enjoying 3D surround sound.
DTS:X®/DTS Neural:X Upmixing
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. By adding an external amplifier, the 9.2ch AV receiver can be expanded to decode 11ch for driving a 7.2.4ch surround system. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio. Other audio codecs such as PCM and DSD can be upmixed using DTS Neural:X for enjoying 3D surround sound.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualisation
When playing any Dolby format, engaging the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualiser enables a more immersive listening experience, creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts without employing additional surround or height speakers.
* Function available with future firmware update
Apple AirPlay 2
Apple AirPlay 2 lets you effortlessly stream music or podcasts to speakers throughout your house using any Apple device or by asking Siri, and it all stays in perfect sync.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning & Auto Phase Control Plus
Advanced MCACC adjusts the sound according to the listening room and speakers, and also creates clearer sound by suppressing the standing waves that occur between walls or ceiling and floor. Measurement of up to nine positions can be saved for a wide listening area. Auto Phase Control Plus* makes real-time analysis of the phase difference, and automatically compensates the gap between the LFE and main signals, providing strong bass and clear high-frequency sound.
* Effectiveness depends on content
Works with SONOS
By connecting the VSX-LX504 to Sonos Connect, you can play any music or audio source on your Sonos app. You can group the VSX-LX504 with other Sonos devices on the network, or use it independently. The AV receiver will automatically turn on and switch input as soon as you play music on your Sonos app.
Powered Zone 2/Zone 3
With the powered feature, the VSX-LX504 can directly drive speakers in other rooms, without the need for a separate amplifier. What’s more, the dedicated DAC for Zone 2 lets you listen to all digital audio sources.
Zone B Output for Wireless Headphones
The VSX-LX504 is equipped with Zone B audio output. The Zone 2 Pre output can also used as Zone B Line output to extend the sound of Zone A (Main Zone) to another location or to wireless headphones via a transmitter.
The VSX-LX504 comes with Chromecast built-in, so you can use your mobile device to stream your favorite music, radio, or podcasts to your speaker. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Chromecast-enabled apps running on your personal device—iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook™.
Google Assistant compatible
VSX-LX504 also works with the Google Assistant, so you can tell it to turn up the volume, skip tracks, or stop the music using your Google Assistant enabled device, like Google Home. Discover Chromecast-enabled apps at google.com/cast/apps.
There is no User Manual available.
To request a Firmware file download or further Firmware information