UDP-LX800 Flagship Universal Disc Player
ETA March 2021
This flagship universal disc player is the embodiment of Pioneer’s considerable expertise amassed over the years through the development of successive optical disc players. Elaborately engineered for the ideal disc playback, the UDP-LX800 features extremely rigid construction to achieve high S/N ratio for quality audio and video performance. With support for the latest Ultra HD Blu-ray™ format, you can enjoy the beautiful spectacle with four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD. Two ESS SABRE PRO Series DACs are used in parallel to provide audiophile sound. Other features include SDR/HDR Preset Mode, Direct/Transport Function, and XLR balanced output terminal.
- 8ch Parallel Drive with SABRE ES9026PRO DAC x 2
- Large-Capacity Power Supply Transformer
- Custom Electrolytic Capacitors
- Direct Function for Pure Analogue Audio Output
- Transport Function for Pure Digital Audio/Video Output
- Dual HDMI Output
- PQLS Jitter-less Sound Transmission via HDMI (with compatible AV Receiver)
- Ultra HD Blu-ray Playback
- 4 Presets According to Display Type, with Automatic Detection/Switching for SDR/HDR Signals
- Video Adjust
- Dolby Vision (Low Latency Compatible)
- 36-bit Deep Colour/”x.v.Colour”
- Disc/HDMI/HDR Information On-Screen Display
- Continued Viewing Playback
- 30 sec Skip Forward/10 sec Skip Back
- Auto Power Off
- Firmware Update (USB/Network)
- Self-Illuminating Remote Control
- BD-ROM (UHDBD/3D BD/BD)/BD-R (DL)/BD-R LTH/BD-RE (DL)
- DVD-ROM (DVD-Video/DVD-Audio)/DVD-R (DL)/DVD-RW/DVD+R (DL)/DVD+RW
- Audio CD (CD-DA/SACD)/CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW
- USB Memory/HDD
- HDMI 2 Out (1 Main for Audio/Video, 1 Sub for Audio)
- Digital Coaxial Out
- Digital Optical Out
- USB 2 In (1 Front, 1 Rear)
- Analogue Audio Out (RCA Unbalanced, XLR Balanced)
- Zero Signal Terminal (for Audio/Video Quality Tuning)
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 131 x 339 mm
- Weight: 13.8 kg
Three-Part Chassis Structure
The blocks for power supply, drive/digital processing, and analogue audio are separated into three to eliminate electrical and magnetic interference between the blocks. The rigid beams placed between the blocks further reinforce the structure, while the internal layout is optimally designed to minimize vibration and signal loss.
Ventless Steel Plate Top Panel and Aluminium Side Panels
Even the holes for heat radiation are excluded to realise a flat form with optimal electric circuit design, to minimise the mechanical motion sound from the BD drive. The result is significantly low noise and even more rigid and stable chassis structure.Even the holes for heat radiation are excluded to realise a flat form with optimal electric circuit design, to minimise the mechanical motion sound from the BD drive. The result is significantly low noise and even more rigid and stable chassis structure.
6-Layered Main Circuit Board for High S/N Ratio
A 6-layered IVH is used for the main circuit board to thoroughly eliminate digital noise. This optimises the digital signal wiring and minimises GND impedance, and dramatically improves S/N ratio in audio/video signal processing. The maximum 18 Gbps transmission through the latest HDMI standard becomes even more precise.
Audio Circuitry for Quality Sound
The technologies for Pioneer’s SACD player PD-70AE is incorporated to further improve the analogue audio block. The paths for L and R signals are made identical including the pattern and parts layout. The L/R signal balance is strictly maintained, resulting in evermore precise and superior separation during playback. The bus bar between L and R signals also help to stabilize the ground.
Disc Information On-Screen Display
You can display the disc information on your screen by pressing and holding the remote control’s DISPLAY button. In addition to the playing disc’s details, you can easily check mastering information such as MaxFALL (Maximum Frame Average Light Level) and MaxCLL (Maximum Content Light Level) available on some HDR content, as well as HDMI output information.
Large-Capacity Power Transformer and Power Supply Circuitry
The dedicated large-capacity power transformer for the analogue audio circuitry and the custom capacitor constitute the superior power circuitry capable of instantaneous power supply. The unnecessary electromagnetic wave generated by the transformer is confined within the copperplated shield case with anti-vibration paint. The f-hole-shaped embossing also helps to suppress standing-waves within the case, thereby achieving sound quality with both dynamic and silent features. The power supply circuitry has a case with an F clef emboss for suppressing standing waves, and black anti-vibration paint, allowing stable and high-quality power supply to the drive and digital blocks.
There is currently no User Manual available.
To request a Firmware file download or further Firmware information