SC-LX502 AV Receiver
7.2-ch Direct Energy HD Network LX AV Receiver
Luxury AV starts here
Experience the enveloping sound of DTS:X® and Dolby Atmos® featuring the Reflex Optimizer for Dolby Atmosenabled speakers, accompanied by the spectacular view of Ultra HD video, HDR10, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), and Dolby Vision™. FlareConnect™, Chromecast built-in, and DTS Play-Fi® let you stream music anywhere across the house. Listen to a multitude of songs via internet radio and network streaming services, controlled by the Pioneer Remote App. With Powered Zone 2, and a phono and 7 HDMI inputs, a wide range of options are offered on the SC-LX502.
Product highlights at a glance:
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p to 4K)
- Various network streaming services are built in.
- Powered Zone 2, phono and 7 HDMI inputs.
Find this product at your local Specialist HiFi store. Search your suburb.
- Dolby Atmos®/Dolby Surround
- DTS:X/DTS Neural:X
- Reflex Optimizer
- Dolby® TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-HD High Resolution Audio/DTS 96/24/DTS-ES/DTS Express
- DSD Direct Playback via Network/USB (11.2, 5.6, 2.8 MHz/2ch)
- DSD Disc (SACD) Playback via HDMI (2.8 MHz/5.1ch, 2ch)
- Digital Core Engine with Cirrus Logic (Quad Core) x1
- 768 kHz/32-bit DAC (AK4458)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- MCACC Auto Room Tuning
- Phase Control
- Subwoofer EQ
- Advanced Sound Retriever (2ch)
- Advanced Surround Modes
- Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Advanced Game, Action, Rock/Pop, Sports, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, Front Stage Surround, Auto Surround
- HDMI 1 In
- USB 1 In for USB Drive
- MCACC Setup MIC Int
- Phones 1 Out
- HDMI 6 In (4 Assignable)
- HDMI 2 Out (1 for MAIN, 1 for Zone 2/SUB)
- Ethernet 1 In
- AV (Component) 1 In (Assignable)
- AV (Composite) 2 In (Assignable)
- Audio 1 In (Assignable)
- Phono (MM) 1 In
- Digital Coaxial 1 In (Assignable)
- Digital Optical 2 In (Assignable)
- Subwoofer 2 Pre Out
- Zone 2 Pre/Line Out
- Speaker 9 ch Out (FRONT, CENTER, SURROUND, SURROUND BACK/ZONE 2/ Bi-AMP, HEIGHT/SP B)
- IR 1 In/1 Out
- 12 V Trigger 2 Out/RS-232C
- FM/AM Antenna
- Built-in Wi-Fi® (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz)
- Pioneer Remote App Ready (iOS/Android™)*5/li>
- FlareConnect™*2 for Multi-room Audio
- Chromecast built-in*1
- Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer Music-Streaming Services Ready*3
- User-Friendly GUI with System/Network Setup Menu
- AM/FM Tuner 40 Presets
- Sleep Timer
- Ultra HD Pass-through with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4/24-bit, 4K/24p/4:4:4/36-bit, 4K/60p/4:2:0/36-bit)
- High Dynamic Range (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG) Signal Passthrough
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020) Signal Pass-through
- Ultra HD Upscaling (1080p to 4K)
- 3D Ready (Blu-ray Disc™, Broadcast, and Games)
- Deep Colour (36-bit), “x.v.Colour”
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 185 x 395 mm
- Weight: 12.1 kg
FlareConnect Multi-room Technology
FlareConnect™ shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multiroom playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Pioneer Remote App.
Dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Technology
You can stream audio from mobile, laptop, and PC over 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® for a stable wireless connection. Pioneer Remote App gathers music on the device and on network-attached storage devices into an easily navigated library together with access to available streaming services. Bluetooth® wireless technology is also included for convenient transmission of app-based audio to your entertainment system.
MRX speaker for multi-room
Wireless multi-room MRX-3 speaker available as an add on with purchase.
Pioneer Remote App Ready
Enjoy smooth operation using your beloved device. With the free Pioneer Remote app, you can use your iPad/iPhone/ iPod touch or Android device such as a smartphone for operating the wireless speaker, or play back tunes stored on your smartphone. You can also select internet radio stations, and playback songs from your media server.
Dolby Atmos for 3.1.2ch with Surround Enhancer
Supports up to 3.1.2ch Dolby Atmos. Surround Enhancer, developed by Dolby Laboratories, Inc., is a virtual speaker technology based on Head-Related Transfer Function (HRTF). With DSP, virtual surround speakers deliver the sound that usually comes from surround speakers. The 3.1.2ch is virtually expanded to 5.1.2ch to create 3D surround sound field. Even those who have difficulty installing rear speakers can also enjoy various audio formats in a wide sound field with Surround Enhancer, as well Dolby Atmos.
DTS:X is the next-generation audio codec from DTS that leverages object-based audio to enable new immersive and interactive audio experiences. Since DTS:X can automatically adapt the audio to the existing channels and speaker system, no specific speaker layout is required. Experience an immersive soundscape with incredibly rich and life-like audio.
When using Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers, high directivity sound from the unit reflects off the ceiling, while low directivity sound directly reaches the ears. The different pathways cause a phase shift, making the sound feel uncomfortable. The Reflex Optimizer which uses the Phase Control technology adjusts this shift, and improves the localisation of the sound image by aligning the frequencies with those of the floor speakers, creating the ideal reproduction environment.
Next Generation Video Standard Ready
Supports pass-through for HDR10 and Dolby Vision. By connecting the source device, you can enjoy these latest video standards on a compatible display. What’s more, all HDMI terminals support 4K, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2, so you will have no problem when upgrading to new devices.
MCACC Auto Room Tuning
MCACC Auto Room TuningCreate the optimum acoustic environment with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios. With the custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalises response.
Features Chromecast built-in, so you can use your mobile device to stream your favorite music, radio, or podcasts to your speaker. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Chromecast-enabled apps running on your personal device - Android phone, iPhone, iPad, and tablet, Mac and Chromebook and Windows laptop. Discover Chromecast-enabled apps at g.co/cast/audioapps. The Chromecast built-in logo is a trademark of Google Inc.
DTS Play-Fi wirelessly streams any audio content from any compatible mobile device to DTS Play-Fi compatible audio systems, creating a multi-room system in your home. You can stream different sources to different speakers at the same time from the DTS Play-Fi app.
|Manual Type||Issue Date||Languages|
There is currently no Firmware available