U-05 Headphone Amplifier
Headphone amplifier with D/A Converter for easy and accurate reproduction of music files from PC via USB
It has finally arrived.
For the true audiophile, we have developed our first discrete headphones amplifier with USB-DAC. Supporting almost any connection type, from a traditional standard jack to 3- and even 4-pin NEUTRIK jacks, you can customise your cables as you please. Whatever headphone cable you prefer, the U-05 always guarantees high-grade audio thanks to its fully balanced circuit. Advanced tuning possibilities allow even more dramatic sound improvement.
D/A Converter Features
- 8ch Parallel Drive with SABRE32 Ultra DAC (ES 9016S x 2)
- USB Input (PCM): 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz (16, 24, 32 bit)
- USB Input (DSD): 2.8 MHz, 5.6 MHz
- COAXIAL/OPTICAL/AES /EBU Input: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz (16, 24 bit)
- Minimum Jitter with Asynchronous Transfer
- Digital Filter with 3 Modes (SHARP/SLOW/SHORT)
- Lock Range Adjust Function for Reducing Jitter by Adjusting. Lock Range Accuracy
- DIRECT Mode for Faithful Reproduction of Original Sound
- Audio Scaler for up to 384 kHz/32-bit Upsampling
Headphone Amplifier Features
- Shielded Power Transformer with Independent Winding, Isolated Power and Digital/Analogue Blocks
- Full Balance Circuit for Minimum Noise
- Discreet Circuit Adopted for High-Quality Sound Tuning
- Balanced Headphone Terminal (XLR3/XLR4) x 2 Compatible with Recabled Headphones, Unbalanced Headphone Terminal (STD) x 1
- Fine Adjust Volume Control
- Gain Switch for Using Headphones with Different Impedance
Audio Performance and Various Other Features
- Digital Isolator for Reducing USB Block Noise/li>
- Highly Renowned NEUTR IK Balance Terminals and Machined RCA Terminals
- High-Grade Parts Including Pioneer Custom Power Capacitor
- Variable/Fix Volume Selectable Analogue Output (XLR3/RCA) for Pre-Amp Function
- Phase Switch Feature for Line Output
- Low Centre of Gravity Design with Heavy and Robust Chassis
- Screw-less Flat Design with Aluminium Front, Top, and Side Panels
- Dedicated Remote for Volume and Tone Control
- Front Display for Detailed Source Information
- Auto Power Down
- Phones Outputs: Unbalanced (ST D) x 1, Balanced __ (XLR3) x 1, Balanced (XLR4) x 1
- Max Output: Unbalanced (STD): 180 mW + 180 mW (32 ohms), Balanced (XLR3/XLR4): 300 mW + 300 mW (32 ohms)
- Opt Load Impedance: 16 -600 ohms
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz-80 kHz (-3.0 dB)
- THD + N (Output Power -3 dB): Unbalanced (STD) 0.01 %, Balanced (XLR3/XLR4) 0.004 %
- S/N Ratio (A-Weight): Unbalanced (STD): 106 dB, Balanced (XLR3/XLR4): 113 dB
- Digital Inputs: US B (type B) x 1, Coaxial x 2, Optical x 2, AES/EBU (XLR3) x 1
- Analogue Outputs: Unbalanced (RCA) x 1, Balanced (XLR3) x 1 (with Output Level Fix/Variable Switch and Phase Switch)
- Output Voltage/Impedance: Unbalanced (RCA) 2.4 V/100 ohms, Balanced (XLR3) 4.4 V/100 ohms
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz-100 kHz (-3.0 dB)
- THD + N: Unbalanced (RCA) 0.0012 %, Balanced (XLR3) 0.0007 %
- S/N Ratio (A-weight): Unbalanced (RCA): 114 dB, Balanced (XLR3): 117 dB
- Dynamic Range: 16 bit: 96 dB, 24 bit, 32 bit: 118 dB
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions (W x H x D): 296 x 101 x 271 mm Weight: 6.3 kg
"Come for the cool retro design, stay for the clear, agile sound." - What Hi-Fi
Amp it up
Obviously, you can use the U-05 for headphones playback and powered speakers. But, you can also deploy it as a high-end pre-amplifier with volume control, using the balanced XLR-outputs or the unbalanced RCA cinch outputs.
Hi-res audio playback
This USB-DAC plays regular PCM signals and 2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz DSD-files. With the Hi-Bit 32 function you can upscale 16- and 24-bit signals to 32-bit quality, while the upsampling function raises the frequency up to 384 kHz.
No more jitter
Jitter and noise have no chance thanks to the high precision master clock circuit and dual Sabre 8-channel DAC, configured for left/right parallel use. Narrowing the DAC locking range will further reduce collateral sounds and disturbing overtones.
|Manual Type||Issue Date||Languages|
|Download Link||Date||Version||Size||Operating Instructions||History|
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND AS PROVIDED IN THE GPL AND LGPL, PIONEER AND ITS LICENSORS PROVIDE AND YOU ACCEPT THE FIRMWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ACCEPT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE FIRMWARE.
UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND AS PROVIDED IN THE GPL AND LGPL, IN NO EVENT WILL PIONEER OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE FIRMWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.