Pioneer Launches Three LX Series AV Amplifiers to Australian Consumers
Pioneer & Onkyo Corporation is pleased to announce the release of three AV amplifier models, the SC-LX89, SC-LX79 and SC-LX59 in Australia.
As well as supporting the latest DTS:X TM*2 object-based audio1 and Dolby Atmos® *5 sound, the three models produce the ideal surround-sound environment that lines up and simultaneously drives the playback conditions of all speakers based on Multi-Channel Stereophonic Philosophy, which achieves stereophonics between all adjacent speakers. Through Direct Energy HD amplifiers that enable high-power output on all channels simultaneously and MCACC Pro *4, which corrects temporal reverb characteristics and the phase characteristics of the speaker system to perform sound acoustic correction to an extremely high level of precision, an idealobject-based audio playback environment has been produced, faithfully reproducing audio works in the form they were originally intended. In addition, 4K/60P/4:4:4/24-bit video signals, the latest High Dynamic Range (HDR) signals *6 for connecting with compatible video equipment to enjoy high-definition video and the HDCP 2.2 copyright protection standard are all supported.
■ Powerful Amps with the Efficiency of Direct Energy HD (High fidelity class D)
◇ Equipped with Direct Energy HD (High fidelity class D) amplifiers. By revising components and circuit design and performing tuning that leaves no room forcompromise, Direct Energy HD amplifiers boast deeper and more powerful soundwith the ability to produce high-power output across all channels simultaneously (SC-LX89: 9 channels, 850W; SC-LX79: 9 channels, 810W; SC-LX59: 9 channels, 760W).
■ Uncompromising High-quality Sound Design
◇ Achieving high-fidelity playback with the use of dedicated audio components and unique sound-quality tuning
- A new custom condenser that produces powerful and rich low-pass playback is used in the Direct Energy HD amplifier component.
- The pre-amp component has been generously fitted with high sound-quality parts. While inheriting performance from the PML MU capacitor and NJM4585 operational amplifier, the signal-to-noise ratio has been further improved with the use of a newly developed Low ESR capacitor (All models).
- The employment of two SABRE32 Ultra DAC (ES9016S) units from ESS Technology to produce top world-class dynamic range and low distortion ensures the capabilities of the Direct Energy HD amplifier are manifest to their fullest extent.
◇ Following through with a thorough commitment to sound-quality measures across every inch of the casing
- The use of a new ”Anti-Standing Wave Insulator” to inhibit vibrations from the outside and the employment of a ”Low Leakage Flux Power Transformer” in the SC-LX89 to reduce magnetic flux noise helps boost the signal-to-noise ratio in the overall sound.
■ Equipped with the MCACC Pro *4 high-precision automatic sound acoustic correction technology to produce the ideal playback environment
- “Three-dimensional sound field correction” which has been added a temporal axis to the frequency and acoustic pressurecorrection is performed using a sound collecting microphone. In addition, the dual subwoofer EQ correction feature enhances the ability to reproduce low-pass sounds, producing the ideal sound field for multichannel playback that is not influenced by the listening environment is achieved.
- Through the Full Band Phase Control feature which measures and corrects for the temporal lag between low-pitched and high-pitched sounds and differing phase characteristics between channels which occur in a speaker system, listeners can enjoy a superior expanded sound field with clear sound localization.
- Through the Auto Phase Control Plus feature, which offers fully automatic compensation for phase difference in LFE (low frequency effects) derived from the source in real-time, rich and crisp low-pitched sounds and intermediate-to-high pass sounds are played back with excellent clarity, producing natural sound connections across channels.
- When speakers enabled for object-based audio playback environments *7 are used, measurement and compensation that takes into account sounds reflected from the ceiling can be performed.
■ Support3 for the latest object-based audio: Compatible with the next-generation DTS:X immersive format through an update
- The latest Dolby Atmos object-based audio is supported. This technology achieves the ideal three-dimensional sound fieldthat reproduces the movement of sound in an unprecedented realistic sense byadding information on the movement of sound including positional information and timing as metadata, producing a rich and immersive surround-sound space as a result. In addition, DTS:X, which was announced in January of this year, will be supported through a firmware update at no cost.
■ Achieves 11.1-channel high-precision decoding, with support for a wide range of speaker system configurations and 11.2-channel audio pre out.
- 7.1.4 decoding is supported with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
■ Supports transmission of 4K/60P/4:4:4/24-bit video signals and HDR signals, along with the latest HDCP 2.2 copyright protection standard
- Equipped with an HDMI port that supports 4K/60P/4:4:4/24-bit video signal transmission and the HDCP 2.2 copyright protection standard.
- Supports transmission of the latest High Dynamic Range (HDR) signals and BT.2020 signals *8 to enable enjoyment of high-definition video when connected to a 4K video device.
- Ultra-high-resolution 4K technologies cultivated in the development of the BDP-LX series of Blu-ray players have been incorporated and the unit has been fitted with “Super Resolution,” which allows the enjoyment of content at the picture quality of a 4K video signal through the upscaling of HD-quality content.
■ Certified by AIR Studios. A Serious Stamp of Approval.
- The SC-LX89 and SC-LX79 have been certified at London’s legendary AIR Studios, whose work is respected worldwide for award-winning motion picture soundtracks and peerless digital CD recordings. AIR Studios understands the artist’s craft, and like Pioneer, believes that faithfully reproducing what the artist originally created in the studio is the critical objective of the finest home theatre system.
■ Support for the playback of various high-resolution sound sources
- In addition to high-resolution sound source (192kHz / 24-bit) in FLAC, WAV, AIFF and Apple lossless file formats, direct playback of multi-channel content WAV (192kHz / 24-bit for USB input), FLAC(96kHz / 24-bit) and DSD (5.6MHz) files is supported, offering the ability to play a wide array of high-resolution sound sources.
■ Enables playback of comfortable and high-fidelity network audio through built-in Wi-Fi *9 and Bluetooth® wireless technologies
- Through a Wi-Fi connection that supports dual band 5GHz (11a/n) and 2.4GHz (11b/g/n) which achieves transmission with fewer interruptions, high-fidelity high-resolution sound sources can be enjoyed wirelessly.
- Wireless Direct is supported, allowing control in iControlAV5 and the wireless playback of music from smartphones and tablet devices even when a wireless LAN environment is not available.
- Music can be enjoyed in a smart fashion through Bluetooth® wireless technologies.
■ Nice Navigation
- All 2015 LX models offer built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® technology and equipped with dual antennas that provide Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) for a much greater network range and connection stability. LX models support Wireless Direct and even in an environment without wireless LAN, it can be operated to perform wireless playback using the free iControlAV5 control app.
■ Worldwide Music
- With Internet Radio, the LX AV Receiver gives you a world of entertainment options. Not only can you enjoythousands of Internet radio stations around the world with vTuner®, you can also access your favourite music from Pandora® and Spotify®, complete with on-screen album art and music information. Spotify Connect is a premium subscription feature that lets you play and control Spotify with your smart devices.
■ Ready to Connect
- Using AirPlay, the LX AV Receiver lets you enjoy effortless streaming music from iPhone, iPad or iPod t ouch. In addition, LX AV Receiver is Windows® 8.1 Certified, and also supports DLNA® 1.5 media streaming and HTC Connect®. (SC-LX89 is Windows® 8 Certified.)
■ Other features
- Equipped with USB-DAC feature (SC-LX89) supporting Native DSD (DoP) 2.8 MHz playback
- AirPlay compatible
- DLNA 1.5 compliant
- Equipped with Internet Radio *10 feature
- Supports MHL 2
- Supports HDMI®-based control functions
The LX range is available for purchase now from Hi–Fi audio specialist stores around the country. The SC-LX89 retails for AUD$4,999, the SC-LX79 for AUD$3,999 and the SC-LX59 retails for AUD$3,299.
Contact Rocco Cavuoto for a review sample.
Link with product images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1fqep72xhl5i0jz/AADUwenbP_SocopSCbSPoGIFa?dl=0
Rocco Cavuoto - Marketing Manager, Powermove Distribution.
Phone: +618 7324 5950
About Powermove Distribution
Powermove Distribution is Australia’s leading audio and lifestyle accessories distributor to mass merchants and specialist retail channels. Powermove’s mission is to provide a personalised distribution partnership for their customers, always striving to develop face-to-face relationships across all levels of decision makers. These customers are further supported with full-service sales and merchandising support, industry leading back-end logistics and product management systems. For more information visit www.powermove.com.au
*1 Multi-dimensional surround sound acoustics using objects. By mixing independent acoustic elements (objects) that incorporate the intentions of the creator (movement and arrangement of sound) as metadata with the conventional channel-based soundtrack, adjustable sound placement and movement is achieved.
*2 A type of objected-based audio announced by the US-based DTS in January for cinema and home theatres. By combining conventional channel-based surround sound with sound movement and positional information, in addition to the lateral movement of sounds, a sense of sound movement in the vertical direction is also added. This revolutionary cinema acoustic technology offersa greater three-dimensional and immersive experience than ever before.
*3 Supported via a firmware update provided at a later date.
*4 MCACC: Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (automatic acoustic calibration system). MCACC is a proprietary acoustic compensation technology from Pioneer that can perform sound field adjustment at the same level as monitoring techniques employed in sound studios. Advanced MCACC carries out high-precision sound field compensation that adds three-dimensional sound-field compensation and the Audio Phase Control Plus feature. MCACC Pro performs precision sound field compensation with the addition of a sub-woofer EQ compensation feature and full-band phase control feature to Advanced MCACC.
*5 A type of object-based audio proposed by Dolby Laboratories. Since it was introduced in theatres in 2012, Dolby Atmos® has been used by almost all of the major Hollywood production studios. The multi-generational surround sound format has been widely used in the film industry, including by seven Academy Award-winning directors and 16 sound mixers.
*6 HDR is a technology that expands the maximum brightness of video. HDR technology is used in the next-generation Blu-ray standard to expand the maximum brightness from 100 nit to 10,000 nit.
*7 One of the speakers for consumer-oriented Dolby Atmos® proposed by Dolby Laboratories. By directing sound to the ceiling, the reflected sound is used as audio coming from the ceiling.
*8 BT.2020 is a video format standard that covers a wide colour space more than twice that of theBT.709 standard currently used in Blu-ray and other formats.
*9 Requires a wireless LAN network environment compatible with Wi-Fi standards and a Wi-Fi-based connection.
*10 A separate contract with a provider offering Internet service is required.
* Pioneer and the Pioneer logo are trademarks of Pioneer Corporation and are used under license.
* Dolby, Dolby Atmos, Dolby and the double-D symbol are the registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
* DTS, the Symbol, DTS in combination with the Symbol, DTS:X, and the DTS:X logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
* Apple, AirPlay, iPad, iPod, iPod touch and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries.
* Wi-Fi is a trademark or a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
* The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
* The terms MHL and Mobile High-Definition Link are trademarks or registered trademarks of MHL, LLC in the United States and other countries.
* Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
* Windows is a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation or its subsidiaries.
* DLNA is a trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
* Other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective rights holders.
Share this post